Learn How To Whitelist Our Email Address So You Can Continue Getting Great Content
Email services have made spam filters more strict. Unfortunately, new filters sometimes mistake legitimate email for spam. There is a way around this. To continue receiving communication from us, you can add us to your “whitelist.” A whitelist is a list of email addresses that you want to receive email from. Adding an address to your whitelist ensures emails from that address will not be filtered as spam. If you have questions about whitelisting, please feel free to contact us at email@example.com.
The first step — no matter your email provider — is to add us to your contact list … add our email address (firstname.lastname@example.org) into your email address book.
- Outlook 2003/2007
- Netscape Mail
- Mozilla Thunderbird
If our email is in your Spam folder, check the box next to the mailing and click the “Not Spam” button along the top.
- Click “Contacts” along the left side of any Gmail page.
- Click “Create Contact”.
- Copy and paste email@example.com into the primary email address dialog box.
- Click “Save”.
If our email is in your “Junk Email Folder”, open the email and click the “Not Junk” button.
- Open your mailbox and click “Options” (upper right hand corner).
- Click the “Junk E-Mail Protection” link.
- Select the “Safe List” link.
- Copy and paste firstname.lastname@example.org into the dialog box titled “Type an address or domain”.
- Click the “Add” button next to the dialog box.
You should also check that our email is not in your Blocked Senders list. You can find your Blocked Senders list by following the directions above and going to “Blocked Senders List” instead of “Safe List.” If you see our email on this list, select it and click the Remove button.
If our email is in your Yahoo Bulk Folder, open the email and click the “Not Spam” button.
- Open your mailbox and click on “Mail Options” (upper right hand corner).
- Select “Filters” under the Management column.
- Click the “Add” button on the Filters page.
- In the “From header:” row, make the drop down “contains” and put the mailer’s from address email@example.com in the box.
- At the bottom of the page Click the “Choose Folder” pull down menu and select “Inbox”.
- Click the “Add Filter” button.
You should also check that our email is not in your “Blocked Addresses” list. You can find your “Blocked Addresses” list by clicking “Mail Options” and then clicking the “Blocked Addresses” link under the Spam column. If you see our email on this list, select it and click the “Remove Block” button.
If our email is in your Spam Folder, open the email and click the “This Is Not Spam” button.
- Click the “Mail Options” menu and select “Address Book”.
- Inside the “Address Book” window, click the “Add” button.
- Inside the “Address Card for New Contact” window, cut and paste firstname.lastname@example.org into the “Other E-Mail” field.
- Make our address the “Primary E-Mail” address by checking the associated check box to the right of it.
- Click the “Save” button.
- On the Tools menu, click “Options”.
- On the Preferences tab, click “Junk E-mail”.
- On the Safe Senders tab, click “Add”.
- In the Add address box, copy and paste in email@example.com and click OK.
If you are using a different version of Outlook, you can add our address to your Address Book. Do this by opening the email, right clicking the From address, and selecting “Add To Contacts.” You can also access your Address Book via the tools drop down menu.
- From the Edit drop down menu, select “Message Filters”.
- Click “New” and give the filter a name (e.g. “Whitelist”).
- Change the drop down on the left to “sender” and the one in the middle to “is”.
- Copy and paste firstname.lastname@example.org into the box on the right.
- Change the bottom two drop downs to “Move to folder” and “Inbox”.
- Click “OK”.
- Make sure that your new filter is located at the top of the Message Filter list so it is run before any spam filter.
If our email is in your junk folder, right-click the mailing and choose “Mark -< As Not Junk.”
Add our address to your Thunderbird Address Book and configure your Junk Mail Controls to whitelist your address book.
Add an address into your Personal Address Book:
- Click the “Address Book” button.
- Make sure the Personal Address Book is highlighted.
- Click the “New Card” button.
- Under the “Contact” tab, copy and paste email@example.com into the Email dialog box.
- Click “OK”.
- From the main drop down menu, select “Tools -< Junk Mail Controls…”
- This will launch the Junk Mail Controls window that has two tabs: Settings and Adaptive Filter
- Under the Settings tab, update the “White Lists” module by selecting Personal Address Book from the pull down menu and then checkmark the box next to “Do not mark messages as junk mail.”
- Click “OK.”
The most common way to whitelist an address is to add it to your address book, whitelist, or safe list. If this is not an option, you will have to consult the help section of your email application. They should have instructions on how to whitelist an address there. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.